Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My day today

So, my day started out with a trip to the doctor for Noah. My poor little guy has been having a really hard time lately. We've changed formula so many times, and tried other natural things but he has just been screaming and crying in pain. I have thought all along that he has had reflux. I had taken him to the dr 3 weeks ago b/c I thought he was dealing with reflux. The pediatrician agreed with me and prescribed zantac. Because I got a lot of people telling me he doesn't need medication, I didn't give it to him. It has gotten so bad that saturday, sunday and monday he didn't eat much! Made me so sad. Every time I tried to feed him, he would scream and cry and push away from the bottle. I started researching it more and I think what he has is called "silent reflux". With silent reflux, they don't spit up a lot like infants with regular reflux do. They spit up and then swallow it. So what's happening is it's burning on the way up and on the way back down and he is in a lot of pain b/c of the acid burning his throat. So I come to the conclusion, I can't just sit back and watch my baby scream and cry in pain, I have to do something and the only thing I know to do at this point is to give him the medication...
I was home with him all day today and he seems to be doing so much better. He's actually eating all of his bottles and not crying nearly as much as he was. I'm really hoping that things are getting better for him. It kills me to know that he is in pain and not being able to do anything to help my sweet boy. So anyway, I'm glad things were so much better today!!! Makes me so happy!

Here are a few pics from today.

Cute little bottom!! (he was napping on the couch and his little bottom was up in the air so I had to take a picture:))



We took a walk this afternoon...he loves to be strolled around!


Right after his bath tonight...he is alway sooo relaxed after his bath...he loves it!



Had to share this picture. It was taken yesterday. One of my favs!!! Love them!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Lichtenstein said...

hes adorable paige! I didnt know you had a blog, totally adding you to my blog reel. Im glad hes feeling better with the medicine

candacestone said...

I am so glad you are finally blogging :)!!! You are beautiful and I miss you dearly!